Friday, January 9, 2009

when life hands you limes, make margaritas


my skin's itching and my eye's been twitching and I've been having this dream where I need to run but my legs won't move.

I haven't known what to write for this hopeful little blog of mine, I've felt like a traitor in thought - an absence of hope is no time to post. this blog was the challenge - take the lime, well past its shelf life, hard as a rock, and squeeze it. don't give up because it's just when you thought it was bone dry, a droplet of juice is let loose and you know because it's stinging in your eye. there is always something to extract - even from the sourest, dourest, more barren of sources. squeeze hard enough and you've got yourself an f'in margarita. I can't remember a time I wasn't happy with a margarita in my hand. salted rim salvation. saving your own soul while the mariachi music papers the walls.

1 comment:

gina clover said...

GIRL. FEEL YOU.

i always feel less alone when i read your blog.