Thursday, June 12, 2008

quitting is cool


Quit Your Job Advice Show from kayekilla on Vimeo.

I'm a quitter. an avid quitter. I've quit so many times, I've lost count - my job that is. when it's something I'm passionate and excited about, I always see it through to the end - jobs however, I quit like samantha quits her boyfriends. and I don't stop there, I actively encourage others to quit their jobs as well. name your problem, and I'll tell you the solution - quit your job.

now understand, I wholeheartedly believe there are jobs worth keeping, it's just that there are so many jobs kept that should be abandoned like a rabid raccoon in the woods. and yet, people cling and complain away the days of their misery. people make up excuses for why they can't quit, none of which ever satisfy me.

call me crazy (because in this "sane" world, crazy is a compliment), but it seems to me that if you're not happy you should do what it takes to be happy. if your job makes you unhappy - quit. period. leave the puritans to their misery. create your own rules for existence. suffering is so last century. get your joy on. quit your job.

if you are reading this from a job you hate, perhaps this helpful and informational video by sara kaye (staring the masterful miss jamie masters and myself) will be the final push you need. enjoy.

1 comment:

S K said...

never quit quitting.